Sunday, November 07, 2010

Marital Bliss

Yesterday I had the extreme pleasure of watching this beautiful young lady get married. I have known Nicole for about ten years. Her mom is my best friend, Nancie. When I met Nicole, she was just out of high school. She is truly an amazing young woman. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, the is a beautiful person on the inside. And her new husband, Cory is lucky to have her. What was amazing about their wedding is it was so wonderful to see two people so sure about their decision to spend the rest of their lives together. They were both literally glowing at the aspect of becoming husband and wife. The best part of the wedding was when Nicole was asked if she would take Cory as her husband, she enthusiastically said, I DO!! Everyone laughed and she said, I'm excited!' That warmed my heart so much to know that she has found someone she truly loves. I wish them both a long and happy life. And I am grateful to have been a part of their celebration.


So last week I had a shoot up at Chabot Space & Science Center for the new Bill Nye the Science Guy Exhibit. It was an amazing exhibit and lots of interactive stuff for kids to get excited about 'going green'. Lots of information about using renewable energy, recycling and whatnot. The cool part is, I got the meet the man himself.

Bill was really cool and funny and it was a lot of fun seeing everything they have there. Jim came and was my assistant for the first time. Our first time working together!!! All went well and it was beautiful up there as always. If you haven't had a chance to go up there, do so. It is a really cool center and the view up there is amazing.


Halloween was a blast. We went trick or treating with DeAnne and her family in their new neighborhood. Vince, of course, is now too old to go so he stayed home to watch the WORLD CHAMPION GIANTS. (It had to be said) We had a ton of fun walking around and checking out everyone's costumes and all of the decorated houses. The kids got a TON of candy and a good time was had by all. Even the adults!! Jamie was a Giant's Fan (he refused to wear a hat), Gavin was Venom Spiderman and Kieran was a vampire. DeAnne and I reminisced about the days of homemade costumes and staying out until the last light went out. Our kids were wiped by 8 and we were like, WHAT?? Let's keep going!!! Ah, I miss the old days.


Last but not least, we are preparing to bid adieu to Scrap Diva. My home away from home. DeAnne has decided to devote her time to the studio full-time and spend more time with her family. It's a good thing because she is so good at the photography and that really is where her passion lies. I am very excited for her too. I have spent many an hour there laughing with her and Brittany and all of the wonderful people I have met through her. I was truly blessed to have met DeAnne and she is an amazing person. I wish you all the luck in the world my friend!!! I love ya!!

That's it for now. Off to bed and the start of a new week tomorrow. Baking, school, photo editing and much more!!! I love it!! Have a wonderful week!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Thanks for sharing, I have digged this post