Sunday, July 29, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
I've only read the first page but the boys started going nuts & I really want to absorb every last bit of the final installment of this series. I am soooooo sad it's the last one but I did get a little ray of hope when J.K. Rowling's publicist hinted that it may not be the last one afterall. One can only hope. But then again, you saw what happened to The Sopranos. And that's a whole other can of worms I can't even begin to open.
So it's the last week of Summer vacation. Kids start school next week &amp;amp;amp; while Jamie & Kieran are excited, Vinnie & I are not. Vinnie, of course, is complaining that his Summer was too short. And I am just sooooo not ready for Kieran to start school yet. I can't believe he is already starting school & I am being the overprotective, clingy mom & just dying for an excuse to keep him home. Horrible huh? But I will do the right thing & take my baby to school & know he will shine like he always does at home. It will be a new adventure for all of us & I am excited to see how much this new world will change my boy.
And this is how excited Gavin is about being the last kid at home with me.
Aren't I the luckiest mommy in the world? You know I am. Have a great week!
Monday, July 09, 2007
That's right. The Wiggles guitar. Not only is it heavy, but used correctly I can beat the crap of you but actually do it to the beat of 'Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy'. Jim looks at me like, what the hell are you going to do with that? I was like, 'Hey, if someone's down there, they're going to get the ass whoopin' off a lifetime and imagine that story on the news: Man (or woman) gets beaten down by crazy mother with a Wiggles guitar'. That person will NEVER be able to show their face in public again.' Yes, I am crazy. But I'm protecting my family so that makes it ok right?
So, obviously, no fire. No intruder. Just a 6 foot tall redneck in his Fruit of the Looms & a crazy mom holding a Wiggles guitar. After our little adventure, we went back to sleep for a bit & then went to the Remember When grand re-opening. They have a new owner & I know we are all praying the store will be better. It's a shame that scrapbook store owners are having such a hard time keeping their stores afloat nowadays. Damn big box stores. Cuz you know a Target will never be as cute as a personally owned & decorated scrapbook store. Speaking of, have you seen the new store in Texas?
Here's the link to their blog: http://tracykeith.typepad.com/tracy_keith/ I'm sure everyone has seen it by now. Big thanks to Miss Corinne for the hook up. This store looks amazing & really, is Houston THAT far away? I think not. I am DYING for that frame on the wall. Beeaaaauuutiful. Anyway, hope they are successful. And we need more of these out this way.
After the visit to RW we headed to the Concannon Vineyards in Livermore for the Sports Section picnic. Lots of fun & who knew there was such a beautiful vineyard smack dab in the middle of Livermore? Of course, that's not the only one, there are several. Apparently Livermore is becoming the new wine country. Go figure. Luckily, we got a break from the heatwave so it was very nice out there. Here's some pics:
Lucky me got to crop at Young Play in Tracy with Nancie, Wendy, Daniela & Diana (great getting to know her!). I am itching to get in there & do some creative stuff but it is so hard finding the time.
Last but not least, I found this on another blog (http://withsprinklesontop.blogspot.com/) & liked the idea so here it is. Don't what all this 'I've been tagged' stuff is because I'm still new to this blog thing but if you read this, PLEASE explain to my lamo-butt what 'tagged' is & also YOU'RE TAGGED. Fill this out & let us know about you ok?
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Bewitched of course. And please, enough with the, can you wiggle your nose? crap. I've heard it a million times & it just isn't funny anymore.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week when an old friend of mine called that I hadn't heard from in months.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. Usually when I'm NOT scrapbooking my writing is fabulous. Then when I am scrapping it looks like crap.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Prosciutto & hot coppa
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 4 lovely, rambunctious, destructive boys
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hella yeah. I'm helluv funny
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? On a daily basis. I would not be me if I weren't sarcastic. It's my charm
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yeppers
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Does the Great America bungee thing count? Did that twice & it was AWESOME.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Cocoa Puffs
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Depends on how tired I am. Mostly no
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? When I have to be I am
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla Gelato from Trader Joe's
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their eyes
15. RED OR PINK? RED
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My tummy.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Hanging out with my little brother
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? uh YEAH!
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Charcoal shorts
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Egg salad sandwich & spicy Doritos. Breakfast of champions
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The kidlets playing & a movie called 'Chumscrubber' that is very weird
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Crimson
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Gavin's toes, Jim's cologne, vanilla & jasmine
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Vinnie
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I don't know this person, I stole it off of her blog.
26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball GO YANKS!
27. HAIR COLOUR? Addison Red (Grey's Anatomy)
28. EYE COLOUR? Black like frying pans
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
30. FAVOURITE FOOD? Italian
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? This crappy depressing Chumscrubber
33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? charcoal
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? A really good big hug & sweet butterfly kisses from my Gavin are the bestest
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Whoever isn't busy
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Whoever IS busy
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Expressions:Taking Extraordinary Photos for Your Scrapbooks & Memory Art
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I'm on my laptop so there's just this finger mouse thingy
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Law & Order
42. FAVOURITE SOUND? Gavin singing, Jamie laughing, Kieran talking to himself & Vinnie acting like a dork
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Old Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Washington DC loved it
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I take good pictures & I'm funny as heck
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Walnut Creek, California
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? Flying or being invisible whenever I want.
Yep, it's long but interesting ain't it? Kids are ready to kill me for taking so long so I'm off to jam on the Wiggles guitar. Rock on!