Monday, July 09, 2007

Weapon of Choice

So at 4:30am Saturday morning, the smoke alarm goes off. Just for a few seconds but nonetheless, I get up to inspect the house. Walk to the hallway, smell no smoke whatsoever. So me being paranoid, I go wake up Jim (who would rather let me get attacked than him so he complains about being woken up) and we head downstairs. But what if there's someone down there waiting for us to come down? So what do I do? I grab the closest weapon I can find.




That's right. The Wiggles guitar. Not only is it heavy, but used correctly I can beat the crap of you but actually do it to the beat of 'Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy'. Jim looks at me like, what the hell are you going to do with that? I was like, 'Hey, if someone's down there, they're going to get the ass whoopin' off a lifetime and imagine that story on the news: Man (or woman) gets beaten down by crazy mother with a Wiggles guitar'. That person will NEVER be able to show their face in public again.' Yes, I am crazy. But I'm protecting my family so that makes it ok right?

So, obviously, no fire. No intruder. Just a 6 foot tall redneck in his Fruit of the Looms & a crazy mom holding a Wiggles guitar. After our little adventure, we went back to sleep for a bit & then went to the Remember When grand re-opening. They have a new owner & I know we are all praying the store will be better. It's a shame that scrapbook store owners are having such a hard time keeping their stores afloat nowadays. Damn big box stores. Cuz you know a Target will never be as cute as a personally owned & decorated scrapbook store. Speaking of, have you seen the new store in Texas?


Here's the link to their blog: http://tracykeith.typepad.com/tracy_keith/ I'm sure everyone has seen it by now. Big thanks to Miss Corinne for the hook up. This store looks amazing & really, is Houston THAT far away? I think not. I am DYING for that frame on the wall. Beeaaaauuutiful. Anyway, hope they are successful. And we need more of these out this way.

After the visit to RW we headed to the Concannon Vineyards in Livermore for the Sports Section picnic. Lots of fun & who knew there was such a beautiful vineyard smack dab in the middle of Livermore? Of course, that's not the only one, there are several. Apparently Livermore is becoming the new wine country. Go figure. Luckily, we got a break from the heatwave so it was very nice out there. Here's some pics:







Helene wearing her Audrey Hepburn sunglasses & looking so cute. This girl is bubbly!






This is where we had lunch. It was really pretty with the grapevines growing over this & grapes hanging down. Definitely want to do this again with the girls.


Lucky me got to crop at Young Play in Tracy with Nancie, Wendy, Daniela & Diana (great getting to know her!). I am itching to get in there & do some creative stuff but it is so hard finding the time.


Last but not least, I found this on another blog (http://withsprinklesontop.blogspot.com/) & liked the idea so here it is. Don't what all this 'I've been tagged' stuff is because I'm still new to this blog thing but if you read this, PLEASE explain to my lamo-butt what 'tagged' is & also YOU'RE TAGGED. Fill this out & let us know about you ok?


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Bewitched of course. And please, enough with the, can you wiggle your nose? crap. I've heard it a million times & it just isn't funny anymore.


2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week when an old friend of mine called that I hadn't heard from in months.


3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. Usually when I'm NOT scrapbooking my writing is fabulous. Then when I am scrapping it looks like crap.


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Prosciutto & hot coppa


5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 4 lovely, rambunctious, destructive boys


6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hella yeah. I'm helluv funny


7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? On a daily basis. I would not be me if I weren't sarcastic. It's my charm


8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yeppers


9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Does the Great America bungee thing count? Did that twice & it was AWESOME.


10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Cocoa Puffs


11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Depends on how tired I am. Mostly no


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? When I have to be I am


13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla Gelato from Trader Joe's


14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their eyes


15. RED OR PINK? RED


16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My tummy.


17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Hanging out with my little brother


18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? uh YEAH!


19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Charcoal shorts


20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Egg salad sandwich & spicy Doritos. Breakfast of champions


21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The kidlets playing & a movie called 'Chumscrubber' that is very weird


22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Crimson


23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Gavin's toes, Jim's cologne, vanilla & jasmine


24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Vinnie


25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I don't know this person, I stole it off of her blog.


26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball GO YANKS!


27. HAIR COLOUR? Addison Red (Grey's Anatomy)


28. EYE COLOUR? Black like frying pans


29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No


30. FAVOURITE FOOD? Italian


31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? This crappy depressing Chumscrubber

33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? charcoal

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer

35. HUGS OR KISSES? A really good big hug & sweet butterfly kisses from my Gavin are the bestest

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Whoever isn't busy

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Whoever IS busy

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Expressions:Taking Extraordinary Photos for Your Scrapbooks & Memory Art

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I'm on my laptop so there's just this finger mouse thingy

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Law & Order

42. FAVOURITE SOUND? Gavin singing, Jamie laughing, Kieran talking to himself & Vinnie acting like a dork

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Old Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Washington DC loved it

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I take good pictures & I'm funny as heck

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Walnut Creek, California

47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? Flying or being invisible whenever I want.

Yep, it's long but interesting ain't it? Kids are ready to kill me for taking so long so I'm off to jam on the Wiggles guitar. Rock on!

No comments: