Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Nancie!

It was my girl's birthday yesterday! Daniela whipped up a 'surprise' crop party for her and we had a blast. Maya Road has these great 'people' albums in the shapes of either a man or woman made out of chipboard. So crafty Daniela whipped one up of herself and Nancie and I got scrapper's envy and made one of ourselves. And of course, Saturday night everyone made one of themselves and it was so much fun. I have had scrapper's block for months so it was nice to actually complete something. And being the kooks that we are, Nancie and I pulled together some background props courtesy of Claudine Helmuth's great paper and jazzed it up.









Nancie insists we do this immature stuff because we didn't grow up together so we're making up for lost time. I agree! I met lots of new people. Great, creative ladies who I haven't had the opportunity to meet with my hiding out the last few months. I just don't get out enough because being around these ladies really revived my creative side.








So the first picture of me & Nancie is at the coffee house. Next pic is the two of us joined by Daniela for a little shopping trip (note the little shopping bag contributed by Sawna).








Last is most us at Nancie's party. Not everyone was done when I took this but I had to skeedaddle early as I had a shoot on Sunday morning. But left to right are: Liz, Daniela, Shawna, the guest of honor, Nancie, Meredith, Tristan and myself. Background paper is the party paper.

Had 2 shoots this weekend that went well even though it was freezing outside. I love my job but the cold just kills me because I am such a big baby. I'll take the heat any day over the cold. Next weekend we're shooting in Sonoma and I am soooo looking forward to it. It is so beautiful out there and it's an indoor shoot so the cold won't matter. Plus we're done early so if I wanna hang out afterwards I can. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, the pictures came out so stinkin' cute. i had so much fun. we have to do it again, i want to make another doll of myself in pajamas or something. it was truly a great party. thanks girlie, i love ya'!
xo, nanc

Tristen said...

that was so much fun hanging out and celebrating nancie's b-day... wished I could have stayed longer...love you guys!!!! (tristen)