Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OK, I'm officially a slacker

How long has it been? Yes, I am a bad blogger. But you know how it is, life gets away from you and before you know it, it's been months since you posted. I know you are all dying to know what is going on in my exciting life.
Well my baby finally started college today. I can't believe it. Art Institute of SF ended up being his choice and the school is amazing. I cannot say enough about how great the school is and the staff is so amazing and helpful. I don't know who was more nervous, him or I. But it is an exciting time for Vincent and I look forward to seeing him grow into an amazing young man. He is majoring in Graphic Design and I am sure he will excel in this.
Life moves too damn fast. Summer is already almost over for all of us. Jim bought the kids a humongous pool for the backyard and we all love it. Gavin has taken to the water like a little fish. He even learned to swim on his own and has gotten so dark I hardly recognize him. Who knew? I thought he'd be the one to burn to a crisp since he's so fair.
I have been on a creative roll for awhile now. Mary and Vanessa inspire me constantly and we work well together. I have gotten more done in the last 6 months than I did all of last year. And I've branched out from the scrapbooking. I've been sewing, doing altered art, all kinds of new stuff that is out of the box for me. But is so fulfilling and gives me such joy to use my hands and all of these supplies that I have accumulated.
I a finally made my first quilt, made a few pincushions, a couple of dolls, and so much more. Began embroidering again and it is just so much fun.
So life is divine. Enjoying the last few weeks of Summer with the boys. Hope to make a trip to Santa Cruz in the next week or so to hit the boardwalk. It has been ages since I've been there and I think the kids will love it. I have been dying to go to the beach all Summer and with my mom working so close we are going to go.
I am also trying to spread my wings on the cooking front. Trying more recipes to actually get a 'menu' down if I ever decide to sell my goods. So far my favorite is the homemade caramel. Who knew that a bunch of butter and sugar could turn into such a fantastic thing? YUM!
This bewitching little goodie is a pincushion I made for Miss V. I love the colors and the little graphic on top. She is so pretty!!! Also been taking a ton of pics. FINALLY!!! There is just never enough time to do all the things I want.
I made these beautiful cupcakes for Mary's daughter's graduation from high school. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting and they came out delicious. I am starting to do everything from scratch now and it makes such a huge difference. Love it!!
So here's some of my goodies down below. Let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I could use all the input I can get. My next step is to start selling on Etsy. Wish me luck!
This is an Altoid tin I glittered with Martha Stewart glitter, lined with flocked paper from Anna Griffin, added a little potion jar and some hoo-hah and it came out pretty cute.
Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Summer!!!

1 comment:

Annette-California said...

You are amazing Tab! Love your blog. Finally!