Monday, May 08, 2006

This is what it's all about



When I was younger I didn't want kids. Couldn't stand 'em. Sure, I liked other people's kids but never in a million years did I want them. Didn't want to change diapers, hear whining or God forbid, clean up puke. But when I was 23 I felt that tug. A lot of my friends started having babies and I realized they weren't so bad. Then a good friend of mine had a baby girl. I was there the day after she gave birth & when I held her in my arms, I knew. I wanted this. This tiny little thing to love & nurture & watch grow. And 2 years later I had twin boys. Amazing. Nothing in the world prepares you for how you're going to feel the first time you hold that little person in your arms & know at that moment, this is what life is all about. I can't imagine life without them. They bring me joy, drive me nuts, keep me running & make my life complete. And I feel so lucky everyday that I get to be home with them. Thank God for my husband being well employed & giving me the opportunity so raise these little men. I don't miss a moment, not a step or a first word. All the milestones I am lucky enough to witness.

I am also grateful for the wonderful ladies I am lucky enough to call my friends though I feel like they are more like sisters. Had a great time cropping at a new store in Tracy for National Scrapbook Day but it wasn't the same without Nancie. Could not believe how huge this place was. And they had a great selection of products. I would definitely make the trip out there again. If you get a chance or are in the area, check out Young Play Memories. Cool place.

So is that enough mush for the day? Good. 'Cuz that's all you're getting outta me this week. I've gone over my mush quota.

Advice for the week? Get out there & enjoy this weather! Take a walk, take the kids to the park. And do something for yourself? As stay at home moms & working ladies, we rarely take time out for ourselves so find the time to do it now. You deserve it!!

No comments: