Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What a Week!




It's been crazy around here and I haven't had time to post but here I am! Vinnie left on Saturday to go to DisneyWorld with Ben. Now I totally trust Ben but regardless, I am a nervous wreck whenever he takes Vinnie far away. And of course, he takes off and Sunday I'm flicking past CNN and what do I see? A freakin' tropical storm barrelling towards Orlando. Where my child is. 13 or not, he's still my child. Needless to say I've been on the phone with him several times a day to make sure he's ok. And I won't wrest until he's home safely. Which isn't for another 5 days. UGH! Isn't it fun being a parent? Actually, it's a blast. I don't mind the continual worrying, praying, holding my breath everytime they trip, slip or fall. It was funny because I was talking to someone I met the other day and he asked, what's your job? And I pointed to the boys. That's my job. To take care of them. To make sure they are fed, clothed, bathed (OK relatively clean and not smelly) and loved every single second of their lives. And I love love LOVE my job. It doesn't pay in money but in MOMENTS. The moments when I hear my sweet Jamie exclaiming, 'I'm getting bigger!' or when Kieran can sit there and tell me a story that completely cracks him up. Gavin starting to actually form words we understand. And Vinnie proudly giving me his baseball pictures and seeing the shadow of moustache on my growing son. It's the best and most rewarding job in the world.
OK so I found this on another blog but it's a cool challenge. Copy, paste & add your own answers. Love it!! Have a great day!!


I AM: a happy mom & wife
I WANT: good health and happiness for family and friends.
I HAVE: a very full, busy life with 4 boys (5 if you count Jim)that keep me running
I WISH: to find the perfect house in the perfect location for our little family to settle
I HATE: rude people, reality TV (Is it reality???)
I MISS: VINNIE!
I HEAR: my loud ass AlienWare Harddrive and Kie playing XBox
I WONDER: what my life will be like in a year
I REGRET: Not pursuing a career in law enforcement
I AM NOT: Tired for once!!
I DANCE: with the kids all the time
I SING: only to my kids.
I CRY: when I am alone & frustrated
I AM NOT ALWAYS: As strong as my friends think
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: Scrapbooks and food (my passions!)
I WRITE: Cheesy romance novels that will never get published
I CONFUSE: Jim a lot because I talk too fast
I NEED: to work out, relax, spend more quality time with the kids, not let little things bug me
I SHOULD: go to church more often
I START: new projects all the time and have a hard time finishing them.
I FINISH: my important projects

No comments: