Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!





That's me at 39. The tired looking one on the right not the beautiful, fresh looking one on the left. It was actually the nicest birthday I've had in a really long time thanks to some great great friends and a wonderful family. Jim and I took the boys out to dinner at Chili's. Dinner out is an adventure because we never know how the kids are going to act. Trust me, if it wasn't for my insistence, we would never go out to dinner with the kids. Jim gets that deer in the headlights look everytime I suggest it. And since it was MY birthday, I decided to take advantage of that and say I wanted dinner out. In a RESTAURANT. Where I would get served. And surprisingly, the kids were great. With the exception of Gavin spitting water on the floor once, they were really good. It was nice to get out as a family and the kids had fun too.
Today was a different story. Awhile back a friend of ours gave the boys this cool dinosaur game. It's like Operation but it's a dinosaur's body. Cool right? It was until Gavin snuck it out of my room and decided to give himself a home perm by sticking the tweezers into a light socket. Oh sure, the sockets are covered but these kids are shifty, they know how to pull them off. So here I am working away and all of a sudden big hum and everything in my bedroom goes off. And then I hear Gavin crying and realize immediately what this kid did. Luckily he was ok just scared. In the meantime, I have no electricity in half of my house because he blew a circuit. Soooooo, I get to venture out to the garage, search for the circuit breaker and reset everything. This takes 40 minutes because my garage is like an obstacle course right now. Now I sit here, grateful that he's ok but rattled nonetheless. Another medical emergency diverted. The key here is NO GAMES THAT INVOLVE TWEEZERS AND ELECTRICITY. I never liked Operation as a kid. What kind of sadistic game is that anyway? You get SHOCKED if you screw up???? Nice.
This weekend we are going to venture out to the city. I've been wanting to take the kids to the zoo for awhile and also to the beach. I figure if we leave early enough we can do both. Good photo ops! Looking forward to a day in SF especially since it's been so long since we've been there. The kids will get a kick out of it too.
So that's my crazy week so far. Crossing my fingers we have no more mishaps with electricity or broken bones or blood. Have I told you lately how fun it is to have boys????

THis is them freakin' out because they couldn't go inside Nancie's with me. Ain't it great to be loved????

No comments: