Friday, July 21, 2006

One Year


Well today is the day. My brother is leaving for Iraq today. I am trying not to freak out but the thought of him going back there makes me so sick to my stomach. He is honestly the most courageous, selfless person I know and I am so blessed to be able to say he is my brother. So he flies out of paradise today (Hawaii) and back into hell. I am soooo ready for this war to be over. In the meantime, I will pray every single day that God will watch over him, keep him safe and bring him home to us as soon possible. So prayers from you guys will help and be greatly appreciated!
On the home front, Vinnie is in Santa Cruz with his dad for the week and will be home on Sunday. Which is entirely too long for me to be away from my boy. I love that he is spending more time with his dad because I think it is helping them rebuild their relationship. Plus he loves his dad so much. But I hate being away from him just like I hate being away from all my boys. I wonder if I'll still feel like this when they get older? Probably.
Went for coffee with Miss Nance last night. A couple of other people were supposed to come but it ended up being just us two and we had a nice time chatting. Wandered over to FatBurger and shared some chili cheese fries and onion rings. We've been spending a lot of time together and I just love her company. There's just a certain kismet about my relationship with Nance. Love that girl like crazy! And tomorrow night we're going cropping with the gals including Miss Mallory. Went to see her at MDW and she looked gorgeous. All young and glowing making me miss my glory days. Ah to be young again. But right now, life is good. I feel like I'm where I belong, taking care of my boys, being creative and just enjoying the simple things: time with my family, my friends and taking in some sun. It doesn't get better than that. Unless you throw Patrick Dempsey in the mix. And then it does get better. Considerably. Hey, a girl can dream can't she????



No comments: