Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Patience is a virtue


See this guy? That's my husband. My man. My buddy. Yeah, I piss and moan a lot about him and Lord knows I give this guy a hard time. But he's has to be the most patient guy I know. Especially when it comes to me. And I have been a pain lately. Between me running around constantly and my sister moving suddenly to Hawaii, I have been pretty grouchy. And that's putting it mildly. How he tolerates me is beyond me. Ahhhh, it must be love.
Life has been a bit hectic. As I mentioned before, my sister left for Hawaii. Today. Actually this morning. Loaded up the kiddies at 5am and took the quick drive to the airport. All was fine until I got out to help her unload her luggage and then I realized, my little sister is leaving. I don't know if she's coming back. I know if I went to Hawaii I probably wouldn't want to come back. And sure, we've had our misunderstandings. Even if she is 33 years old, she's my little sister. And I love her and I'll miss her. But I hope this is a great new beginning and opens up a whole new world for her.
OK So my goal this week is to R E L A X. Take a deep breath and not stress about things that are beyond my control. Nancie has been the most awesome, most understanding, most loving friend I have ever had in my entire life. I don't know what I'd do without her. And she has been the best nurse in the world giving me the most pain-free shots I've ever had. Crossing my fingers that the next round are just as pain-free. I'm off to kick up my feet, watch some cartoons with the kids and think happy thoughts!!!

No comments: