Friday, June 15, 2007

Love Me Some Dollar Store




















Hit the Dollar Store the other day & found these great glass frames. I was like, hmmmm I could do something with these. And oh my, was I right! I only bought 2 but you know I'm going back to buy like 20! Super simple to do & they worked great with rub-ons. It was a little difficult doing the rub-ons on the bottom curved part but the result was beautiful. Don't you just get that giddy feeling when you create something?
I also made a few altered clipboards for Jamie's teacher's.





They loved them & they came out soooo cute! I am starting to get out of my creative slump so that is good. Like writer's block, scrapper's block sucks!!

Thank God school is finally over! That drive over the hill everyday was killing me. I know the kids are grateful that they won't have to get up at 6am anymore. Between that & the 2 hour round-trip drive, they were hatin' me. And it's official, Vinnie is now a high schooler. Oh joy of joys. How is that possible? I mean, just yesterday this kid was hanging all over me because he adored me & now I have a moody 14 year old who thinks I'm a dork. And I'm not. Hey, you KNOW I'm funny. But I guess at 14, it's a rule that your parents can't be cool. And just think, I get to go through this moody crap 3 more times. Can you say CUERVO?? I'm sure by the time Gavin hits his teens I'll be headed to Betty Ford.

Next week we are finally heading to Disneyland. The kids are so excited & so are Jim & I. I can't wait to see the twins again. They are getting big & just absolutely beautiful. I can't believe it's already been over 3 months since they were born.

On a sad note, our friend, Michael, did not make it. Thank you for your prayers, they were much appreciated. He was a great guy & will be missed. And not to be depressing but on a side note, don't take life for granted. Mike was a healthy, young & vibrant man & in the blink of an eye he was taken from us. I wish we had one last chance to talk to him & tell him what he meant to us. So don't waste a moment. Tell your family & friends what they mean to you. Life is too short to let it pass us by & way to short to stay upset about trivial things. In the grand scheme of things, all that matters is that you love & are loved in return.



No comments: