Sunday, February 26, 2006

My camera is officially dead

Yep, it finally died for good. Damn HP piece of crap. But I have to admit, it took some great pictures while it lasted. So I am on the hunt for a new one.

Went cropping with the gals last night & was all prepared to post pics of the 4 layouts I did. Yes, FOUR! I haven't been that productive in ages. Guess it was the good company & good music. Love Stamper's!! All went well until it came time to leave & I realized I didn't have my keys. Nance & I looked everywhere & couldn't find them. Thank God I had one of those lock boxes with a spare key under the van. Even if you have Triple A it's a wise investment because what if you end up in an area with no phone reception? So I get home, tear through every bag & box I have & can't find the keys. Then realize I left them in the bathroom. At Stamper's. Where they belong right? So guess who's driving back out to Stamper's today?

In addition to the lockbox advice, here's another little nugget for those of you who store all your digital pics on your computer. Back them up on disc regularly. Our computer got the blackworm virus on Friday & it happened while I was in the process of burning all my pics onto CD's. Luckily I was able to save everything but imagine if I hadn't? I had over 1,000 pictures on my computer & I would have been devastated if I lost them. I had to completely restore my computer to it's original factory settings which meant I would have lost everything had I not saved them to disc. It's time consuming but definitely worth it. From now on I plan to burn my pictures onto CD's once a month just to be safe.

On that note, I am off to start my new job! Training today & I officially start taking pictures next Saturday. Can't wait! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday & a great week!

No comments: